If you want to see the beauty of the world, one of the most convenient ways to do it is trying luxury cruises. And why not? Luxury cruise ships offer premium services without the crowded ambiance in regular cruise ships. Enjoy exquisite holidays with your loved ones through a luxury cruise. So, what are the best luxury cruises to try? Are they worth the pricey amount of money you’ve worked hard for?
In this post, you’ll learn more about luxury cruises from Sydney and the good reasons to add them to your bucket list.
Ovation of the Seas Luxury Cruise
One of the best luxury cruises that you can experience out of Sydney is the Ovation of the Seas which is operated by Royal Caribbean. This is the most recently built cruise ship to arrive in Australia and boasts a multitude of luxury features and accommodation options that are unmatched by any other cruise ship homeported in Australia. This commitment to excellence was recently rewarded when the Ovation was voted by Cruise Agency Sydney as the #1 cruise ship for luxury and service.
Including Ovation of the Seas in your bucket list allows you to experience excellent dining from a multitude of onboard restaurants. Some of the most popular dining experiences on the Ovation include Jamie’s Italian, Chops Grille, Izumi Japanese, and Coastal Kitchen, just to name a few.
Here are the good-to-know facts about the Ovation of the Seas Luxury Cruise:
- Enjoy shopping in the Royal Esplanade, which is stocked with Asian cosmetic brands and high-end designer goods.
- During summer, the cruise ship is based in Sydney from December to April, so everything is English, from food, beverages, and activities.
- Enjoy watching Broadway-style theater shows and cabarets.
- Be amazed at the high-tech features of Ovation. They have a free interactive scheduling service, called Royal IQ, which allows you to create reservations for entertainment, dining, and other activities. You can use the mobile apps through your smartphone or use the tablets and kiosks available throughout the ship. Ovation of the Seas has huge satellite internet for fast and reliable internet connectivity.
- Complete your luxury experience by appreciating the artwork inside the Ovation, with a great collection of art pieces, like sculptures and paintings.
Celebrity Solstice Luxury Cruise
Celebrity Solstice was built designed by Meyer Werft in Germany. Francis Design’s Martin Francis designed the exterior with magnificent blue glass upper decks and all-white renderings. Celebrity Cruises operates the ship, and they consider it as one of the most decorated luxury cruise ships, catering to more than 1,400 passengers.
One good reason why you have to include Celebrity Solstice in your bucket list is that they believe that luxury cruising is for everyone. That’s why they offer accessible staterooms, specifically designed for people with mobility issues and disabilities. These rooms have grab bars, wider doors, roll-in showers, and other safety and mobility features.
If you love the idea of a luxury cruise but can’t afford the price tag, a last-minute cruise deal could be just what you are looking for. As the departure date gets nearer, the cruise lines are keen to sell any remaining cabins. This is where you can really grab great cruise prices. With Sydney having the largest number of cruise departures each year, there are plenty of options like this to choose from.
Here are the luxury amenities of Celebrity Solstice:
- Live grass lawn
- Indoor pool
- Hot tubs
Pacific Explorer Luxury Cruise
Pacific Explorer has over 80-meter slides, having the wildest and longest Australian slides. It has the best lounges, bars, and restaurants. This luxury cruise ship has an outdoor sporting facility installed by the P&O Edge Adventure Park.
Here are the things you’ll experience during the Pacific Explorer luxury cruise:
- Enjoy your vacation, trying out the best cocktails at Archie Rose Bar. In fact, Pacific Explorer has an exclusive partnership with Archie Rose Distilling Co. based in Sydney.
- Enjoy the famous onboard show program, “The Big Laugh,” performed by stand-up comedy celebrities who perform shipboard live shows. Also, the Marquee Theater presents the Anthems of the Ages with exuberant and sexy dancers and live bands.
- This luxury cruise ship has great restaurants, such as The Pantry, which provides various food stations. There are more than a hundred chefs in the ship, who cook the most popular dishes, including Indian curries, fish, and chips.
Voyager Of The Seas Luxury Cruise
Voyager of the Seas is operated by Royal Caribbean International or RCI, which is the leading ship of the Voyager-class cruise ships. It was constructed by Kværner Masa-Yards in Finland and finally launched publicly on November 27, 1998.
Here are the fun things to do at the Voyager of the Seas:
- Watch live performances like the Laser Tag and the Perfect Storm.
- Voyager Dunes, rock-climbing wall, and ice-skating are perfect for kids and teenagers. Adventure Ocean is a new game youth program that children and teenagers will surely love.
- Experience full relaxation at the new Vitality and Fitness Center. Indulge in this luxurious spa facility.
- Experience pure fun in the FlowRider surf simulator, which is 40 feet long, with 30,000 gallons of water heading your way.
Why Cruise In the First Place?
Unlike what many people think, trying luxury cruises won’t end you up a tragic adventure like what happened in the famous Titanic movie. In fact, luxury cruises are well-prepared more than you think. Now, if you’re worried about getting seasick, luxury cruises promise a smooth sailing ride every time. So, why should you cruise during a vacation in the first place?
Here are some good reasons why you should choose luxury cruising:
Luxury cruises have everything you’ll need because the amount you’ll pay for the entire journey already includes food, accommodations, entertainment, and transportation. Some cruise ships even offer discounted rates for children. Of course, upscale lines are more inclusive, with onboard spending credits, unlimited alcohol and other beverages, shore tours, gratuities, and flights bundled into the cruise fare.
Cruising is for everyone. You can bring your children, parents, grandparents, and the whole family in a grand adventure riding on a ship. While adults would love relaxing in spas, sauna, or pools, children and teenagers will surely find their favorite hangouts and fun activities inside the ship, while waiting to get to your next destination.
Lots of Fun Activities
Cruise ships offer great activities, so everyone is happy, from sports, like basketball and badminton, to educational lectures, like computer class, wine tasting, paint pottery, or dance workshop. Also, if you love food, there’s a wide array of restaurants you can choose from, like steakhouses, sushi bars, and fancy sit-down restaurants.
Cruising is a more convenient way of traveling because you unpack only once. It’s literally like a floating hotel, taking you from one city to another or from one island to another. You’ll wake up in a new place every time and tour around the world using one major transport. So, choose the luxury cruise that offers the best itinerary so you can visit all the places included on your wishlist.
Luxury Cruise Tips and Tricks
Before booking a cruise, you have to choose the best luxury cruise itinerary to make the most out of your experience and your money. Think about the size of the ship, the ports you’re interested in, board activities, and the age groups of your companions.
Here are the other tips and tricks when going on a cruise:
Pack efficiently to enjoy your luxury cruising experience. Bring all the essentials in your hand-carry because your suitcase may take a while to arrive.
Stay on the Ship
You don’t have to leave the ship every time it stops at a port. Enjoy the ship when most people are usually out. Most facilities in luxury cruises are open. It’s an excellent opportunity to get perfect photos and enjoy the ship’s amenities without too many people on board.
Don’t Hesitate to Try Everything
On a cruise, you have plenty of choices when it comes to food and activities. Check out for special offers and try different restaurants and shops to make the most out of your luxury cruise experience. Explore the ship by trying different activities, such as watching music performances and live shows. Talk with the crews and you’ll discover more things about the cruising life. You can even build new friendships and be surprised with freebies and special treatment you’ll get by doing so.
Arrive with Class and Style
Luxury cruise trips are not complete without a grand entrance. That’s why you have to make sure that you always arrive in style to be invited to the captain’s table. Wear your best outfit and feel extra special with a bouquet of fresh flowers, a free bottle of wine, and friendly customer service.
Luxury cruises are comfortable and unforgettable, allowing you to discover the beauty of the world and life as a whole. You’ll learn about the world’s best culture and traditions, see famous landmarks and scenic landscapes, enjoy swimming on clear waters, and trying out fun adventures you haven’t tried in your whole life.
Always remember that luxury cruising is not for the rich. You can save and try a luxury cruise of your dream. It’s a wise investment, making relationships stronger, lasting, more memorable, and happier. Including the above luxury cruises in your bucket list will surely make a big difference, making your life a lot more exciting and worth living.